The BlackVerb is known as the "Swiss Army Knife Amp" as it combines a traditional tone stack with a smooth and musical overdrive.
This amp was designed for the working musician that wants to play multiple styles with minimal setup time. It is a true 50 watts (2 6L6) with amazing headroom, stackable overdrive and a musical and luscious tube-driven reverb.
Also available as 45 watts (dual KT66) or 90 watts (dual KT88) for an additional charge.
- 6-way Mid Q (mode) Switch - Dial in your mids for everything from a scooped “country” tone to a full on fat “fusion” tone.
- Pull Middle knob – Shifts the mids to get a warmer sound akin to a "deep" switch.
- Rear Panel Voicing Switches – Humbucker and Smooth Compression switches makes switching your guitar types and playing styles quick and easy.
- 3-Way Bright Switch – Two different bright modes give you the flexibility you have always wanted or turn bright off.
- Tone Stack Bypass – Turn the Bass knob all the way counter-clockwise and remove the whole tone stack from the circuit to get a “guitar-straight-to-master volume” path that is clean and powerful.
- Drive Shift - Shifts the overdrive tonality to a more aggressive British character.
- Level High-Cut - Removes high-end bite, if needed, from the drive channel.
- Presence Bypass – Dial in just the right amount of brightness or remove the presence control from circuit for more bright tone
with more output.
- Tube tank-type reverb – Can be turned off to create more headroom by removing it from the circuit.
- Tube Buffered Serial Effects Loop – Most useful effects loop out there – even adds to the tone when no external effects are used.
- Fixed / Cathode Switch (external test point and adjustment).
- Hi / Lo Power switch (50 watts / 18 watts).
- 3-Button Foot switch – The footswitch lets you choose Mid mode (takes you right to the tweed mode on the 6-way Mid Q), Drive and Boost using a standard midi cable for easy replacement.
- 17" wide chassis and pine shell for combo cabinets.
- Head dimensions: 19"W x 10"H x 10"D. Approximate weight: 34 pounds.
- Combo dimensions: 19"W x 19"H x 10.5"D. Approximate weight: 43 - 50 pounds, depending on speaker choice.
What happens after you place your deposit?
Once we receive your deposit, submitted using the PayPal buttons on this page, we will contact you to discuss the details for your hand-crafted amp.
Place your $1000.00 USD deposit today using the buttons below to be placed on the build list for your new BlackVerb!
RedPlate family member, Aram Stoop playing his BlackVerb at a recent gig. Aram says, "I guess this shows how much I still love my BlackVerb. No drive pedals whatsoever. It still sings!" Thanks for sharing, Aram - you sound fantastic!
Long time RedPlate player, Ty Curtis, features BlackVerb RedPlate Amps in his video for the single "Blame Me"